We are really grateful to all members for their continued support with our Covid 19 measures. We need to bring your attention to some very important updates.
Catterick Leisure Centre
I am sure you know that we’ve had a few teething problems at Catterick Leisure Centre, but this all seem to be resolved now. The Covid liaison volunteers will now carry out the temperature checks.
As you can appreciate the guidance on Covid 19 is changing on a regular basis and Swim England has updated their guidance and we would like to highlight the following changes:
Swim England Health Survey
1. Have you or your child (if they are returning) had confirmed Covid-19 infection or any symptoms (listed below) in keeping with Covid-19 in the last five months?
- New, persistent, dry cough
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhoea or vomiting
- Muscle aches not related to sport/training
2. Have you or your child (if they are returning) had a known exposure to anyone with confirmed or suspected Covid-19 in the last two weeks? (e.g. close contact, household member)
3. Do you or your child (if they are returning) have any underlying medical conditions?
(Examples include: chronic respiratory conditions including asthma; chronic heart, kidney, liver or neurological conditions; diabetes mellitus; a spleen or immune system condition; currently taking medicines that affect your immune system such as steroid tablets)
4. Do you or your child (if they are returning) live with or will you knowingly come in to close contact with someone who is currently ‘shielding’ or otherwise medically vulnerable if you return to the training environment?
Swim England Declaration
I confirm that for any future training sessions I/my child* will only attend in the full knowledge that I/my child* am/is* free from any Covid-19 symptoms. In addition, but conversely confirm by signing this declaration that if I/my child* do/does* display any symptoms I/my child* will not attend training for a period of at least 14 days and follow government guidance to self-isolate.
I am also confirming all in my household will follow the government guidance on quarantine and self-isolation following any travel abroad.
I/My child* return(s) to training knowing that participation cannot be without risk, I am therefore aware of these risks associated with the Covid-19 virus, but I still wish/I still wish my child* to participate in club training.
I understand the processes and protocols Richmond Dales ASC have put in place in order to reduce risks and I/my child* will adhere to these in order to protect my/my child’s* health and the health of other members, staff and other users of the facility.
I also understand that the club will have to be flexible and responsive due to the evolving government advice around Covid-19, and the fact that circumstances will change.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NEXT:
We now need every member to re-sign to confirm they have read and understood the above updates.
The Health Survey form and Covid-19 and Risk Awareness Declaration form are now available on the membership portal and can be signed electronically.
Please follow these steps to access the forms:
- Visit the club website www.rdasc.org.uk
- Click on My Account
- Login using your email address and password (you can reset this if you’ve forgotten it)
- You will be sent an authentication code to your email address, please add the six digit number and click verify
- Go to the Covid section
- Health Screening Survey – click Go
- You will see the name of your swimmer(s) – click new submission
- Read the survey, complete the boxes and click ‘submit screening form’
- This document is now ‘awaiting approval’ form the Covid Officer
- Repeat the steps above for ‘Covid-19 Risk Awareness Declaration’
- Both documents will then be reviewed by the Covid Officer, who will contact you if they have any issues with the information that you have supplied.
- Sign out of the membership system.
All forms need to be completed by Friday 25th September – you will be asked to repeat this process in again in the future!
It is of vital importance that parents/carers and swimmers assume responsibility and act within the guidelines as stated above.
You must notify your coach if you answer YES to any of the four questions listed in the ‘Swim England Health Survey’ or if you have any concerns /queries.
If you have answered YES, you will then be contacted by the Covid Officer who will give you further advice and guidance on what you need to do next.
Apologies for the lengthy email, but we all need to take responsibility to keep everyone safe.
The Board of Richmond Dales ASC